We are delighted to announce that Team GLH has done it again: we are being recognised for our environmental and sustainability innovations by the national Business Green Leaders Awards.
Hot on the heels of winning gold at our most recent national industry awards, we are proud to have been shortlisted for the prestigious Small Business of the Year Award for our commitment to reducing our environmental impact.
We are not the only ones campaigning for more sustainable business practices: according to Business Green’s official email, this year they were overwhelmed by both the quality and quantity of submissions.
We were shortlisted for a number of projects and innovations that we’ve implemented and expanded over the last 12 months, such as
- Operating London’s largest fleet of electric vehicles
- Adding the lower emission Mercedes E-class hybrid to our executive fleet
- Committing to a second year working with the Energy Saving Trust
- Becoming LoCity Champions, promoting the use of low and zero emission commercial vehicles
- Consulting with Transport for London on ULEZ (Ultra Low Emission Zone)
- Providing sustainability and eco-driving training to our teams
- Helping the Totteridge Academy educate approximately 5000 students in sustainability via the John Scott Nature Reserve
- Encouraging best environmental practices within our industry and helping clients identify more sustainable ways of working wherever possible
Our Sales and Customer Relations Director, Zoë Walsh, said, “Seeing the quality of companies on the shortlist from all sectors all over the UK, it is an absolute honour to be in with a chance of winning this award. We have a long history of pioneering when it comes to sustainability, dating back to being one of the first in our industry to make the transition to hybrid fleets in 2004. Who would have thought then that a small family-run business in what is often considered one of the least sustainable sectors would be up for this sort of national cross-sector award?”
Team GLH will once again be dusting off their dancing shoes for the glittering black-tie awards ceremony taking place at The Brewery in London on 26th June 2019. In the meantime, please keep your fingers crossed for us!
If you are looking for a more sustainable car and courier supplier, we would love to discuss our environmental innovations and credentials with you in more detail. Alternatively, if you are just looking to make a one-off booking whilst doing your bit to help clean up London’s air, we can help! Whether you are a local customer or a corporate client, you can be assured that we will be taking absolute care of you and your environment. Call us on 020 7490 4222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org